Windows 10 Recurring Issues
Since the launch of Windows 10, Microsoft has been trying extremely hard to fix all the issues and bugs within the OS. Still in April 2019 some of these issues are still lurking around within the OS. Some of these bugs include:
- Trouble upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8/7.
- Windows 10 update isn’t working.
- Issues booting into Safe Mode.
- Slow boot times.
Trouble upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8/7:
When trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from these older OS’ it can be quite tricky. This is due to the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app deeming perfectly capable machines as ‘not fit’ to run Window’s 10. Some ways to combat this are:
- Open control panel, run Windows Update and ensure that the machine is up to date. If this fails, you can try another of the following.
- You can use Media Creation Tool. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, click download tool now, and then run the tool. If you already tried this earlier in the Windows 10 life cycle, try it again as it has improved. Don’t just rely on GWX.
- Make sure hardware Disable Execution Prevention (DEP) is switched on in the BIOS. If you are having trouble locating it, refer to your motherboard manual/laptop manual. If you are still having trouble, go to the start menu, search for performance. Run adjust the appearance and performance. The click Data Execution Prevention tab. The turn DEP on for all programs and services. Then reboot and try again.
Windows 10 update isn’t working:
Many people even now are still reporting problems with Windows 10 updates. To combat this issues, you can download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. This is an annoying issue, but one that is quite simple to fix.
Slow boot times:
Windows 10 uses a hybrid boot system. This means that the boot up time is fast. However, for some users, despite this their boot times are still slow.
If this is happening to you, you can disable it in control panel. Type control panel in the search bar, then got o Hardware and sound, then power options, System settings. After you have gone through that click on, ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’. The under Shutdown Settings, turn off fast setup.
If any of these problems keep occurring for you, please feel free to contact us and one of our friendly technicians will be able to help you through your issue.